Terms and Conditions
You must read and agree to all terms and conditions in the document before completing an Enquiry.
Application Terms and Conditions
The Application – Part A
This website https://regcheckuk.co.uk (“RC”) hosts the car history checking service providing a service to you (the user of the site). Some information supplied via this application is obtained from third parties. Use of this application by a user, hereafter referred to as “You”, (and “Your” shall be construed accordingly) is subject to the terms and conditions set out below (‘Application Terms’).
Every time You use this application You must re-read and accept these Application Terms and by performing a data check using this application, You agree to be legally bound by them. If You do not agree to be bound by these Application Terms, You should not carry out any activity on this application.
In using this application you agree not to gather, extract, reproduce and/or display any vehicle data on or from this application by the use of spiders or other ‘screen scraping’ software or system used to extract data automatically unless otherwise agreed in writing.
1. RC has taken reasonable care to ensure that the information supplied to You via this application is accurate and complete. RC supplies the information provided on this application “as is” and on the basis that makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to this application or its contents or the results of any data check carried out using this application. All such representations and warranties are expressly excluded to the maximum extent permissible at law. Additionally, RC makes no representation and gives no warranty regarding the accuracy, completeness, or suitability for any purpose of the information and related graphics published in this application, or that this application will be available without interruption or that it is error, virus or bug free. The information contained in this application may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. All liability of RC (howsoever arising) for any such inaccuracies or errors is hereby expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. Nothing on this application shall constitute an offer by RC to provide its services to any person accessing this application.
2. RC nor any of its directors, employees, agents or other representatives will be liable for any loss or damage arising out of or in connection with the use of this application except as expressly otherwise agreed by them in writing. This limitation of liability applies to all claims and damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties, irrespective of whether such claims and damages arise in delict, tort, contract or otherwise.
3. Notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing in these Application Terms is intended to limit Your statutory rights as a consumer in the United Kingdom or to exclude or limit any liability of RC to You for death or personal injury resulting from the negligence of RC or that of its employees, or agents for whom RC is responsible.
4. RC takes all reasonable steps to ensure the data is updated regularly. Necessarily there will be reasonable processing time required by RC to process data which it has received from third parties (e.g. Police stolen vehicle data, written off data) before it is presented via the Application. RC has no control of the time taken by various organisations to provide data and RC will provide the latest data it has available.
Intellectual Property Rights
The trade marks, brand names, product names, titles and copyrights used in this application, together with the underlying software code (together, the “IP Rights”) are owned by or licensed to RC. All IP Rights used in this application are trade marks, brand names, product names or copyrights of their respective proprietors. No permission is given by such proprietors in respect of the use of any of them by You and such use may constitute an infringement of the proprietor’s rights.
In consideration of RC agreeing to permit you to access this application, you agree that you will not screen-scrape, copy, reproduce, redistribute, download, republish, transmit, display, adapt, alter, create derivative works from or otherwise extract or re-utilise any material appearing on this application except where specific facilities are provided for this purpose. You agree that you will not attempt to alter the functionality, behaviour, inputs, outputs or processes involved in completing an Enquiry (defined below). Any unauthorised use may be unlawful.
Mainland Great Britain only
This application is available for use by residents of mainland Great Britain only (excluding, for the avoidance of doubt, the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland). If You are not a resident of mainland Great Britain, You should not use this application. In listing Your place of residence and delivery address in our order form, You are representing to us that You are a resident of mainland Great Britain. This is a representation on which we rely prior to accepting Your offer to purchase our advertised services and we will not be bound to deliver any of our services to You anywhere outside mainland Great Britain.
Your use of this application, and the operation of this application and these Application Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and You agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts in connection with any dispute between You and RC.
Liability, Disclaimers and Non-reliance
Whilst we use reasonable care to ensure data contained within our vehicle check service is accurate, correct and up to date, RC cannot guarantee this to be the case. This is because the data provided to us is sourced from third parties such as the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency, the Police, the Motor Insurers’ Bureau and their respective data suppliers. We are therefore not liable for any inaccuracies, omissions or errors in any information provided via the Site.
Further to the above, we also have to expect a reasonably necessary delay between data being provided to the third party supplier, their inputting the data onto their data system and this being sent to us and loaded into our systems before being made available to you via the Site for checking. Therefore, we can only make available to you the information that is available to us at the time you request a vehicle check, taking into account the reasonably necessary delay as mentioned. The information we provide is a ‘snapshot’ of the data we have available to give to you at that particular time.
We recommend that you do not solely rely on us for information prior to making any decisions, whether to purchase a vehicle or otherwise. We also recommend that you make independent arrangements to assess the performance, condition, safety and legality of any vehicle you are looking to purchase.
The information we provide is not intended to be relied on by you in making (or refraining from making) any specific decision or to replace independent professional advice.
Any and all information provided by us in connection with the Site is for general information purposes only. You are responsible for any opinions, recommendations, forecasts or other conclusions made or actions taken by you or anyone else on the basis of information provided on the Site or App. Nothing provided by us in connection with the Site is, or shall be deemed to constitute, financial, legal, regulatory, tax, professional or other advice.
RC does not guarantee that any part of the service online will be uninterrupted and accepts no liability for any failure, delay, interruption or breakdown in network connections and/or point-to-point connectivity across the Internet and other networks which may affect their provision and is outside RC’s immediate control.
If you are a consumer, RC only makes the Site and App available for you in your personal capacity and for personal use. You agree not to use the Site for any commercial, business or re-sale purposes, and RC shall not be liable to you for any loss of profit or revenue, loss of business, loss of goodwill, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
If you are a business, RC shall not be liable to you, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, for any (whether direct or indirect):
loss of profit, revenue, sales, business or business opportunity;
loss of, or damage to, reputation or goodwill;
inability to use the Site or App;
reduction in asset value; or
loss or corruption of data;
in connection with your use of the Site or App or for any other indirect or consequential loss.
Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
Guarantee Terms and Conditions
By purchasing a vehicle history check you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
1) Total Car Check Guarantee Terms and Conditions – https://totalcarcheck.co.uk/TotalCarCheckGuarantee
2) Experian Finance Check Terms and Conditions (includes Data Guarantee) – https://totalcarcheck.co.uk/ExperianGuarantee